Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Would you like fries with that?


There are few times in my life that i have felt like this, you may know the feeling. Its that feeling you get when you are standing at a crossroads, regardless of the amount of directions that are ahead of you to choose from the decision of which way to go can make you feel like this. The feeling, overwhelmed. Its one reason i like routine, i am comfortable with as little decision making as possible. i like In'n'Out Burger, not very many decisions necessary necessary, "Would you like fries with that?" is about as hard as it gets there or Taco Bell, although there are many things on the menu i know what i want and i am comfortable getting the same thing every time. Jen and i have made some really big decisions. These decisions have made way to greater decisions and those have opened more and more decisions to make, couple that with moving, kids, pets and family and voila, you have OVERWHELMED the "chris" system.

So here i sit, a new place, with that said, it is a Starbucks so there is familiarity at least in the coffee. Although, Starbucks has sort of lost its appeal to me, i would much rather find a small hole in the wall shop with a cozy atmosphere, (i will search for one here in Castle Rock, CO). My mind wanders with all of the options and decisions that need to be made. i know what needs to happen but at the same time i don't know where to start. There are some big things that are happening that at this point i don't have much say in or control of and so i wait. i know that these are blocking up the system some and i know that when these decisions are made it will free me some to focus, regardless of the outcome as it will put into motion the reality of the situation that i will have to function in.

This however, can not be an excuse for non-action, when it comes to everything else. i have to find a temporary normal at the very least. Once again i am faced with the necessity to live the ministry i am called to, Staying the Journey. Enacting the principles i have found to be good, i must focus on recognizing Jesus. What is He doing in me and through me, moment to moment, day to day, etc. Jesus is my Strong Tower, the righteous run into it and they are safe. Proverbs 18:10. What is He doing in me? Strengthening my resolve and faith in Him as the one who answers prayer.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
    Planted by the rivers of water,
    That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
Psalms 1:2,3

What is Jesus doing through me?
"Pastor Chris has a unique and very effective method of connecting with teens. He is able to quickly build trust and credibility with teens and then present the Gospel in a way that provides built-in practical application. I have had the privilege of observing Jesus working in and through Pastor Chris in youth ministry for most of the last five years. He will preach Jesus and Jesus alone to your teens."
Pastor Jim Beach 
Wasilla Christian Church

In His Word what is He saying to me?
[chris] know that the Lord [I Myself] has set apart [you] for [Myself] who [are] godly;
[I] The Lord will hear when [you] call to [Me].
[chris] Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. 
[son] Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the [Me].
[you know] There are many who say,
“Who will show us any good?”
[I the] Lord, [will] lift up the light of [My] countenance upon [them].
[I will] put gladness in [your] heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
[Because of Me] [You] will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For [I] alone, [Am the] Lord, [and I] make [you] dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:3-8

Thank You Lord, for Your Love and Faithfulness!

2 comments:

  1. God bless you, Chris, as you seek Him and His will. I'd sure like to have coffee with you! when I come out! Maybe...okay?

    ReplyDelete