Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Steamdot, near O'Malley and Old Seward


"Alaska Air Roasted Coffee" Not sure how exactly Alaska Air can roast anything but it sure is a bold statement, or foolish. It is a spacious coffee shop, streamline good spacing, open entry with two distinct sides...at least today. The giant sign on the front awning reads, SteamDot Coffee (and underneath) espresso & coffee lab, yes, lab. Behind a large window is what moonshiners referred to as a still. Is it still a still if its for coffee?


The Coffee is simply amazing! By recommendation of the Barista I am enjoying, Caldera Blend espresso...again FANTASTIC! It is a complex coffee with a smooth finish and leaves a dark chocolate taste in my mouth. If you know me you know I enjoy a good dark chocolate. The coffee alone is reason to frequent this place and frequent people do, this place is busy!


When I first came in I was only one of a hand full in Steamdot but that didn't last long. On the far side there seems to be some sort of mom's group. They are too far away to know what they are all about but they have their kids with them and they are loudly playing at the table beside the moms who are loudly enjoying their time together...it appears as if they are all having fun. In-spite of the coffee mix up. There was a gentleman in here he ordered a Walnut Latte while he was on the phone. He was on the phone the entire time he was in Steamdot. The barista called out, "latte for Kristen!" Eric, the man on the phone walked up took the latte and sat down. I was looking at some of the products they sell with a giant smile on my face. Kristen walked up to the counter looking for her latte that had magically or not so magically walked away. The Barista, observed the whole thing because when asked by Kristen where her latte was the response was, "I think that gentleman took it." (HAHA you think). Kristen thought about going over and getting it as she turned and took a few steps toward Eric. Thinking more about it she went back to the counter, "I don't think I should have to go over there and get my latte." The Barista didn't want to either and said, "I will make you another one real quick." Funny thing she still made Eric his Walnut Latte. "Eric, Walnut Latte!" I looked over, he looked up, I turned away with a grin, he continued his conversation I am sure thinking, "what did she say?" The Barista called out, "Chris, Americano!" I ran to the counter as fast as I could as to not allow anyone else a chance to steal my coffee...just kidding. I walked over took my cup and sat down, "Eric, Walnut Latte!" You could hear the thoughts almost, "Oh she did just call my name, I thought this tasted different." Eric got up walked over to the counter, took the other cup of coffee and drank it too...two for one special!


check it out on the web: www.steamdot.com


I like it, I will be back for sure! 4 and 1/2 cups :):):):):

No comments:

Post a Comment